WE ARE A HANDS-ON CHARITY
We believe that there is no greater experience, than providing our donors with the opportunity to experience the impact that their donations have made possible. That is why we invite and strongly encourage our donors to take part in the life-changing experience of gifting a brand new pair of school shoes to a young underprivileged child.
OUR SHOE VISION
Our vision is to gift millions of children in South Africa, that have never owned a pair of shoes, with their first ever pair, and thus restore HOPE, PRIDE and DIGNITY in each of our country’s neediest learners.
Shoes are symbolic of pride and give confidence to young learners knowing that they can walk to school in comfort, as opposed to barefoot. Shoes are also a vital protection barrier between our children’s tiny soles and Africa’s rough and unforgiving terrain.
We believe that a new pair of shoes should be tough enough to protect a young child’s feet whether it be on the playground, on the sports field or even walking home in the snow, on a gravel road in the middle of winter. We use two types of shoes:
THE SHOE DROPS
Once a school has been identified, plans are put in place to invite donors, supporters and volunteers to accompany our team to deliver the shoes to hundreds of excited children. A shoes drop normally last 3-4hrs as our team will physically place shoes onto the feet of every child, ensuring a correct fit and that no child is missed.
We try to make each Shoe Drop a special occasion, for many children it is their first ever pair of shoes, and the day Hope, Pride and Dignity is restored to each child, the foundation of a bright a positive future!
The Put Foot Foundation supports wildlife conservation by:
- Partnering with existing campaigns and organizations spearheading conservation efforts.
- Launching our own wildlife conservation campaigns.
Our aim is preserving all South African Wildlife equally, with funds directed where we feel they will have the most impact, and where our donors and partners request.
To date we have donated over R500,000 to charities involved in rhino CONSERVATION:
Our Wildlife Conservation Campaigns focus on:
- Raising Awareness Campaigns, designed to highlight the plight a specific species.
- Fundraising for organizations directly involved in the conservation of endangered wildlife.
- Fundraising for the purchase of equipment for the conservation of endangered wildlife.
Some of Southern Africa’s Endangered Wildlife include:
- Black Rhino
- White Rhino
- African Painted Dog (aka African Wild Dog)
- African Wild Cat
- Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra
HELPING OTHER CHARITIES
Our vision is to support other Section 18A organizations with similar objectives as the Put Foot Foundation by volunteering, fundraising and assisting in their campaigns.
We commit to supporting other organisations by:
- Volunteering time and energy in support of their objectives.
- Fundraising to support their campaigns.
- Running awareness campaigns to support their objectives.
We've worked with charities across South Africa, including Habitat for Humanity / 5FM / Old Mutual and the Two Oceans Marathon.